Dr. Vasan S S
Dr. Vasan S S
Chairman & Medical Director
Dr. Vasan S S has Completed his undergraduate study in Medicine from the prestigious St John’s Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore. Post his MBBS, he did his Post-Graduation in Surgery and Post-Graduation in Urology from the Diplomate of National Board (DNB). He did his fellowship in Andrology in Singapore.
Post his medical degree from St Johns Medical College, Bangalore in 1981 and training in General Surgery from Madras Medical College in 1986, he underwent training in Cardiothoracic Surgery and Genitourinary Surgery. He completed a specialization in Genitourinary Surgery in 1993. As a trained and certified Andrologist, pioneered the concept of comprehensive Andrological diagnosis and treatment approaches especially in male infertility. Established the first centre in the country where advanced Andrological treatment options are available.
Men are able to seek answers to their fertility problems, sexual concerns, and several other men’s health issues which affect men with advancing age. Andrologists handle cases concerned with male health, particularly regarding reproductive and urological systems. Common symptoms which are consulted include infertility, sexual dysfunctions, prostate issues and urological problems.
MBBS, DNB (Surgery), DNB (Urology) FICS, Fellowship in Andrology & Incontinence (Singapore)
- Poster on ‘A new method for identification of potential biomarkers: making best use of available data from microarray and other mass-scale studies’ presented at the national conference on ‘Molecular Medicine and Nanobiotechnology’ (13th & 14th October 2010, NIMHANS, Bangalore) & awarded first prize. (Co-authored by Acharya KK, Darshan SC, Neelima CH, Deepa P, Sreelakshmi K, Deepti H, Akhilesh B, Sravanthi D & Vasan SS)
- Awarded for innovation in urology ‘Ultrasound based detection protocol for obstructive azoospermia’ at the annual Karnataka urology conference in Mysore – 2000
- Awarded the original innovation award for surgeon-assisted robotic prostatectomy at the international college of surgeons meeting, in Kandy Sept 1996
- Contributed a review article on Andropause for the Indian journal of urology.
- Guest editor – symposium on erectile dysfunction
- The Journal of International medical research 2002; 30: 137-143 Clinical safety profile of Seldenafil
in Singapore men with erectile dysfunction: pre-marketing experience (ASSESS evaluation)
- Reproductive biology – Vol. 3 No 1 – 2001/062
- A Preliminary study on the possible role for luteinizing hormone in androgen independent growth
Of prostate Biology 448, 2000
- The spermatic – sertoli junction translocation hypothesis as a mechanism for spermiogenic arrest
International Journal of Impotence Research Nov 2000
- “Relevance of cavernosal arteriolar branching pattern in erectile dysfunction” International
Journal of Image guidance and robotic surgery, 1998
- Robotic TURP – UROBOT surgeon assisted robotic prostatectomy
- Robot assisted radiation seed implantation
- Radial bas-relief method for tumor identification of prostate on transrectal ultrasonography.
- Computer identification of boundaries of prostate on TRUS and digital mapping of the prostate.
- Safety and efficacy of PGEI, Asian Journal of Impotence Research, Oct 97
- Retrospective analysis of efficacy profile of PGEI and VCD, Asian Journal of Impotence Research,
- Are oral drugs necessary for impotence: comparative analysis?, Asian Journal of impotence
Research, Oct 97
- Medical management of impotence in Asian, International Journal of Andrology May 1997
- Experience with different formulations of Alprostadil in diagnosis and treatment of impotence in
Singapore, International Journal of Andrology May 1997
- Prostaglandin E 1 or Vacuum tumescence device: Retrospective study of acceptance and satisfaction in Singapore, International Journal of Andrology May 1997